As mentioned in a previous post, I sat down Saturday and made
eleven produce bags. I am not the greatest sewer- and I am incredibly inpatient so I wound up doing my own, incredibly easy and not very great looking version of the other patterns that I have seen online.
I know these are ugly, but I promise- as soon as my mangos and kiwis start complaining about how cruddy the bags look I will make better ones. Promise. Heck, even if I have a bunch of cilantro give me the evil eye for putting them in a lame bag I will make better ones.
Hehehehe. Yeah. I am ok with the produce bags looking ugly- but I did put the tutorial up for anyone else who doesn’t care what their produce bags look like (with suggestions to make their bags look better)
Anyhow, once I made all the bags, I realized that there was no really easy way for us to carry them all at once . . . so I had to make another bag. Sad story, I know, but I persevered and came up with another tutorial (that I will have up ASAP) that I am calling “The Ridiculously Easy Bag” because it requires only one piece of fabric, and no templates or even measuring (if you do it my “that looks right” way)
Since I was having fun with fabric, I also made a bag for our clothespins so that we can carry them with us as we hang our laundry.
In addition to sewing, I also crocheted Saturday (told you I was busy!)-
I used the pattern Bath Puffs which follows the “this is so easy it is ridiculous” vein of Saturday. Both John and I got sick of using plastic loofahs a while back ago so we tried “natural” sponges but mine fell apart almost immediately and John’s looked gross after only a couple weeks. So I found this pattern which had been on my queue for ages anyhow and sat down while I was doing laundry to make us new, 100% cotton bath puffs.
I was able to make BOTH bath puffs that afternoon- each puff (loop included) is only three rows that are so easily remembered I barely even had to look at the pattern. I have already used mine and I am a fan, so I am hoping that these hold up through us using them and us washing them.
Each one took a little less than one small skein (120 yards) of Sugar and Cream and I think they took me a little over an hour for each- although it was hard to tell because I was doing other things as well. This was the perfect project to put up and pick up later because it is so simple.