I get bored. And when I get bored I like to think about random stuff and have wild crazy dreams.
In this case, wild and crazy dreams is referring to what the perfect knitting/crocheting software would look like. But then I thought even more, I love to cross stitch, sew, paint and do other crafty things. Don’t get me wrong, I love sites like Ravelry.com and I love blogging on WordPress…. but I don’t always have time to pull together a blog post and Ravelry doesn’t extend to sewing and painting (I know they have cross stitching and weaving in the works).
And what about cooking? One of these days I may actually create something that I want to keep notes on.
So what I want is a simple computer program that does everything I want it to do… LOL
Here is what I was thinking so far:
- Journal entry type layout that allows you to categorize, add, edit, delete, and rearrange entries
- Ability to add photos, notes, title, links, recommendations for next attempts, etc.
- Ability to interact with the Ravelry website (serach for patterns, add to projects/queue, etc.)
- Ability to export information to a draft post in WordPress for easy blogging
- Email projects to friends and family members
- Ability to interact with Pinterest (linking to a pin, adding a pin)
- Ability to interact with Tubmlr, Twitter, and – why the heck not – Facebook (I hate Facebook now that my job doesn’t require it)
- Export directions, instructions, etc. in PDF format for easy sharing
For example, below are a few paintings that I did for my niece:
So, using the program for this project, I would want the program to store the images, then allow to me write notes (in this case the first note would be double-check that my SIL plans on re-decorating my niece’s room) and recommendations (such as maybe do a sketch or two before sitting down at the canvas). Then I would want all that info to be exported into wordpress so that I could tweek it and make it a blog post for all my lovely peeps to read and enjoy
and roll their eyes at my terrible paintings.
BTW- my SIL was panning on re-decoration my niece’s room, and both the SIL and niece LOVED the paintings so it all worked out.
Does anyone know of a program that is free/cheap that does all of this?
Has anyone else ever daydreamed about a all-encompassing crafty software program that serves as a interactive journal and you can update multiple sites at once with only a few clicks of a button?
Anything else you would add to the perfect software for all your crafty needs?
What would you call it?
I am leaning towards “The Crafty Unicorn” because I am pretty sure this software is just a myth of a crazy crafter.